Wednesday 4 May 2011

NO CANDY NECKLACES ALLOWED!

http://www.newscenter.philips.com/main/design/about/design/designnews/pressreleases/skin_reddot2007.wpd

Remember Raves?  I do!  I also remember going to the dollar store to stock up on glow sticks.  I would sew them onto whatever horrible piece of clothing I was wearing, fashion them into earrings, or weave them through my hair!  Someone really should have told me that temporary tattoos and glow stick earrings made me look like I was on a day pass from the local psychiatric ward. But hey, we all make mistakes!
If you've ever been to a rave you are familiar with the tacky use of glow-in-the-dark merchandise, LED toys, and reflective gear that is displayed.
 Now imagine all of those things being supercharged by the leaders in technology and fashion.  Well it's happening!  The Black Eyed Pea's Super Bowl performance allowed the world to preview the possibilities of merging fashion and technology.  
And I'm not talking about sewing glow sticks to your sneakers!  This is top of the line technology that uses LED's powered by circuit boards like the LILYPAD (see below).   
This is not only powered by circuits and battery packs.  It's powered by the kind of imagination that will forever shape the way our generation is remembered.  When future fashion students learn about the styles that defined our era, this is what will be archived in their textbooks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment